Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lucky Dog (and girl)!

I am happy to report that my georgous pooch was returned for a reward on Friday.

I made a mad dash to Belmopan Saturday morning to confirm it was him before leaving for the States. He is starting to get an eye infection in his right eye again. He also lost about every pound that I had put on him in the 6 days he was missing. He was walking gingerly; quite obviously had been pounding the pavement to find me. Carlos was found near the office- Chanda and my first destination the day he disappeared. He was as happy to see me as I was to see him I think. To prevent the incident from occuring again I bought: a chain to go around the gate- he had pushed it open even though it had been locked; a 40' long cable to hang between trees, added a pully; a 20' long cable to attach to the pully and dog; a dog house; and a monster size bag of dog food.

It nearly broke my heart to leave, but I feel confident that he will be there when I return. In the mean time I will enjoy my time at home and catch up with friends and family.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

YEAH!

Unknown said...

I am so happy to hear that your puppy is back home! YEAH!