Friday, January 25, 2008

ARGH!!!

I found out this evening that all of our applications for the Peace Corps Volunteer Leader position is not due until April 1. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING! I thought... Then what was worse it that we aren't supposed to find out until as late as JUNE 1st! This isn't enough time... I have to do things with my programs depending on if I will be working with them after July or not! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! I have just spent a few hours, entirely too long, trying to draft a perfectly worded letter to a staff member to hopefully get this date moved. I didn't want to say too much and I didn't want it to be too long, but it needed to have enough meat to let them know this is serious!

There is a certain person that I am working with on a different committee, let's say candidate N, that wants to go straight to the director in every circumstance. I have been told by two different people that he doesn't like to work that way. The last "permanent" director encouraged contact. So I am hoping that this N ignored my suggestion in contacting him as N ignored another suggestion about the same email... sorry I am being a bit vague, but I really want candidate C to get the second position instead of N...

I am going to be at the reserve for a week so I am going to be wondering what the response to my letter is until Friday. I will let you know when I can. Have a great week :^)

No comments: