Sunday, February 17, 2008

Home in San Pedro

It seems as thought I have been gone a month. I know that isn't quite accurate and I have slept in my bed a few nights in the last month, it is just that I miss being here and getting the things done that really need to be done at home.... First I was at the Reserve; then in Belmopan for the elections; then in Hopkins to help a friend pack up to move back to the States; then in Belize City for some training, to see Christine off, and a self defense class. I had a few nights in my bed, but I also had guests for part of that time. The craziness starts again on Tuesday as I head back to the Reserve. Boo! Hiss! I don't want to go! I have work that needs to be done here! I don't really like counting lobsters and getting burnt... Plus I don't know when I will be back... If the wind keeps up the way it has been the last few days then we will be there far longer than I want to be. Argh! I have at least four loads of laundry to do tomorrow. I also have to rewrite my entire section about corals. The guy from CORAL will be here either Tuesday or Wednesday to see our work, but I won't be here. Next week I have to have an additional grant written to help pay for the Coral Mangrove and Seagrass project materials. AND the idiot skydivers will be in town. Last year one was killed and only a few others injured. The rescue team has been put on standby for their presence. I am also organizing some stuff for the Ruta Maya... I will update that soon too. I am about to pass out, so I am off to bed now. Goodnight!

No comments: