Friday, March 28, 2008

Antigua...

On our trip to Glover's Reef we met Nicole and Adam. They are heading to Guatemala soon.

Seconds after mentioning that they were going there, I was already back there in my mind. Guate! Guate! Guate! The sounds of the conductors yelling for you to join them on their exquisite buses back home from Antigua at the end of the weekend.

We had such a great time there. I danced the Salsa- ok, not really, but I did take a free class. But salsa was not all that La Salsa Dance Academy offered. The night we were there the famous Buena Vista Social Club was playing. (I broke down and downloaded one of their albums on my iTunes tonight and am listening to it now.) How did we end up there? We were having dinner at El Cafecito- a restaurante comida Portuguesa- and a gentleman stopped by our table to hand us a flyer. It was one of the most memorable nights I had there.

I checked out another site just to see if I had the right location. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. However, there is a mention about the Buena Vista Social Club on this website. It has been nearly two years since we were there so they may have moved on. I don't think you can go wrong though. Enjoy.

For those going to Antigua...

La Salsa's website is www.lasalsadance.com and the email is info@lasalsadance.com I had trouble accessing the page. But then again I have had trouble accessing everything today on the internet. Nicole, you aren't going to believe it, but I had the correct intersection! The following is what is on the flyer...
7 ma. Av. Norte y 2 da. Calle poniente esquina No. 18 Antigua Guatemala (Interior Bar y Restaurante Chimenea) The telephone is 5400-0315

El Cafecito is at 5 ta. Calle Poniente 7/A

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

lefobserver said...

PLEASE
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF YOUR COUNTRY AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU
lefobserver.blogspot.com